THORENS TD 1600
HIGH END SUBCHASSIS TURNTABLE
with precision tonearm TP 92
RECALLING THE THORENS DNA
The TD 1600 bridges the gap between the tradition that made Thorens turntables world famous and the technology of the 21st century. Outwardly very close to the earlier 160 series with a classic wooden frame, two-part plate with internal belt and thick rubber mat, arm board and acrylic cover, but inside it is full of innovations.
The three springs of the sub-chassis do not hang on the top board, but stand on the floor. At the same time, a tensioned steel thread in the extension of the motor roller - plate axis prevents lateral wobbling and thus ensures a piston-shaped oscillation of the sub-chassis even when starting when the motor power is strongest and the belt is pulling sideways on the plate axis. The complex motor control ensures a constant speed with exact synchronization.
- Stabilized sub-chassis on three conical springs
- Ground precision belt
- Two-part platter
- Adjustable belt tension
- Electronically controlled motor
- Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (Cinch) outputs
- Precision tonearm Thorens TP 92 9 "
- Function manual turntable with sub-chasse
- Drive system Belt, sub platter aluminum
- Motor electronically controlled and stabilized
- AC synchronous motor
- Speeds 33-1/3, 45 rpm.
- Speed select electronical
- Platter 12” / 4,2 kg (aluminum)
- Tonearm Thorens TP 92
- Cartridge —
- Anti-Skating magnetic (TP 92)
- Shut off —
- Power supply external power supply (115/230 V depending on type)
- Dimensions 454 x 180 x 369 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight 10,9 kg
- Finish solid wooden plinth, black high gloss, walnut high gloss, top board made of triCom
- Scope of delivery power supply, acrylic dust cover